Is there anything in your life that you wouldn’t want exposed? Would there be anything you’d be ashamed of? Our lives are open before the eyes of God, He sees it all anyway. Sometimes we’re more embarrassed of our friends seeing things, than we are of God seeing things. We need to look up in our sin and see those sad eyes of Jesus. He always sees us. He offers a way out, He offers a way through, He offers us victory. Let’s take His victory today!
“His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire.” -Revelation 1:14
The eyes of Jesus are INSPECTING and REFINING OUR LIVES. Those eyes of fire discover, and with consuming light reveal secrets.
1. When troubled look up for His EYES OF COMPASSION: Hagar and His compassionate eyes when we are troubled. -Genesis 16:1-13
2. When tempted look up for His EYES OF CONSECRATION: Joseph and His purifying eyes when we are tempted. -Genesis 39:1-9
3. When lonely or afraid look up for His eyes of confidence: David and the ever present eyes when we feel alone & afraid. -Psalm 139
4. When sinking look up for His eyes of comfort: Disciples and the rescuing eyes when we are sinking. -Matthew 14
5. When sinning look up and see His eyes of chastening: Peter and the sad eyes when we go in our own strength. -Luke 22:54-62
You can purchase similar sermon series here.